Mark your calendars for the outdoor school dance on Saturday, Nov. 20. We are seeking volunteers, marketing and design in particular, but all big or small help is welcome: email@example.com.
International Night and Potluck – Friday, January 24, 2020, at 6:30 pm in the Woodlin Cafeteria/All-Purpose Room
International Night and Potluck is an annual celebration of Woodlin’s cultural diversity through food and performances. It is an opportunity to instill pride in our children of their individual heritage as well as inspire curiosity about other countries and cultures. Here are ways you can help:
1. Are you or your child involved in a cultural dance group that could perform at the event? Please contact the co-chair for more information.
2. Plan to bring a favorite family dish or one that represents your cultural heritage, whether you are in the U.S. temporarily or you are 1st or even 5th generation. Dishes do not need to be complicated – simple is good too! The sign-up link is below.
3. If relevant for your family, please plan for your child to wear traditional dress from your culture or country!
4. We will have a space available to display posters or collages (nothing larger than 20×30 inches) if you would like to showcase your country or culture with photos or information.
5. Last but not least, please volunteer to help at the event and/or bring a dish: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d44ada72ea1fd0-international.
A fun and healthy event for our kids, students receive pledges from families and community members to run laps on the school grounds. Details on http://woodlinpta.org/fundraising-opportunities. (Raindate: October 25.)
It’s National Walk to School day on Wednesday October 2, 2019. Let’s join schools in all 50 states and walk to school!
- MCPD community officer crossing guards will be at 16th St and 2nd Ave AND Georgia Ave and Seminary Rd.
- Get a group of neighbors and friends from your bus stop, building or neighborhood and make a walking plan.
- Wear your Woodlin gear and Woodlin colors.
- Get together earlier and make posters. It’s a walking party!
- Arrive at school by 8:45am! Bring an extra snack/water for your child in case they get hungry from the walk.
- National info: http://www.walkbiketoschool.org.
We would love volunteers to help organize neighbors to walk to school. If you’re interested, contact Amri Brown and Brett Forshey for info. Also, even if you can’t walk the whole way from your home to Woodlin, maybe park a few blocks away and walk in with your child. We will have stickers to pass out for everyone who comes in the doors, but if you can walk to school on October 2!