The Dash of the Runaway Wizards is Woodlin Elementary’s annual fun run and has been a great success in raising funds while providing a festive and healthy event for our kids. The 2021-2022 school year dash raised almost $32,000 to provide academic support for teachers and fund PTA programs! The 2022 event will take place on Friday, October 21, 2022.
Students receive pledges from families and community members to support our awesome school, and in the week leading up to the Dash, the PTA will encourage activities that focus on health and exercise. On the day of the event, each grade takes a turn running laps around an outdoor track to music while being cheered on by friends and family.
Become a corporate sponsor!
There are two ways for parents to contribute to the fundraising goals:
- Contribute securely online at https://pledgestar.com/woodlin (see below for instructions).
- If you have checks or cash to donate, please print out a donation slip and send the slip and donation to your child’s teacher via backpack mail. Donation Slip or Ticket de Donación (Google Doc)
Check out the event FAQ (Google Doc) for more details.
For our Dash of the Runaway Wizards this year, we’re using an awesome web-based fundraising system that makes it very easy for you to request pledges from your family and friends, and for them to make secure credit card donations online. It’s fun, it’s easy, and people who use it typically raise twice as much as those who don’t! We know that the pandemic has presented many people with fiscal challenges, but we are still hoping that friends of Woodlin will still be able to support our awesome school.
Remember, our Dash of the Runaway Wizards is October 21 so please register now to help our school raise as much as we can for community building, enrichment, and academic support:
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/woodlin
- Click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event?”
- Enter your name and email address, then click “Submit”
- Follow the instructions on-screen to register students.
When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to your family and friends and allows them to make secure credit card donations online. You get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online. Call 1-888-598-7510 if you need help.
Dash of the Runaway Wizards T-Shirt Distribution
The Woodlin PTA is proud to provide every Woodlin student with a Dash of the Runaway Wizards t-shirt to celebrate their participation in this event and showcase school pride! T-shirts will be distributed the morning of the event by their teachers.
Family and friends are welcome to come cheer!
- 9:50-10:05 am – Kindergarten & Ms. Musy’s class
- 10:10-10:30 am – 1st grade
- 10:35-11:05 am – 3rd grade
- 11:10-11:40 am – 4th grade & Ms. Rei’s class
- 1:45-2:10 pm – 2nd grade & Ms. Hershey’s class
- 2:15-2:45 pm – 5th grade & Ms. Alpers’ class