International Night and Potluck – Friday, January 24, 2020, at 6:30 pm in the Woodlin Cafeteria/All-Purpose Room
International Night and Potluck is an annual celebration of Woodlin’s cultural diversity through food and performances. It is an opportunity to instill pride in our children of their individual heritage as well as inspire curiosity about other countries and cultures. Here are ways you can help:
1. Are you or your child involved in a cultural dance group that could perform at the event? Please contact the co-chair for more information.
2. Plan to bring a favorite family dish or one that represents your cultural heritage, whether you are in the U.S. temporarily or you are 1st or even 5th generation. Dishes do not need to be complicated – simple is good too! The sign-up link is below.
3. If relevant for your family, please plan for your child to wear traditional dress from your culture or country!
4. We will have a space available to display posters or collages (nothing larger than 20×30 inches) if you would like to showcase your country or culture with photos or information.
5. Last but not least, please volunteer to help at the event and/or bring a dish: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d44ada72ea1fd0-international.