We hope you will join us and get involved. You don’t need any special skills or talent, just an interest in making our community stronger and better. We welcome your input and encourage you to contribute in whatever capacity that works for you and your family.
Tell us what matters to you – please fill out our PTA Back-to School Survey.
The PTA is looking for someone to head up our social media accounts – posting, tagging, managing. If interested, please email email@example.com.
Classroom Parents Still Needed! We are short classroom parent volunteers for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades especially. If you are able, this is a fun way to be involved in your child’s classroom, and the more volunteers the better!
Every year, the PTA asks room parents to support teachers by organizing class celebrations (Harvest party in October, Valentine’s party in February, end-of-year celebration in June) and by coordinating classroom teacher appreciation gifts and a class basket for our annual Spring auction. Please email Beth Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and to sign up.
Volunteer Requirements for Chaperones and Classroom Access. If you are interested in volunteering at any time this coming year, either as a chaperone for your child’s field trips or to come into the school as a classroom parent or other volunteer, MCPS has a policy that you must complete an online training, “Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect,” and submit a “COVID-19 vaccination attestation. Once completed, the certificate is good for three years, so if you completed it last year you do not need to do it this year.
The training is available online through your ParentVue account. Google Chrome is the recommended browser. It’s a relatively quick compliance training.
- Login to ParentVue and navigate to “Parent Resources” and “MyMCPS Classroom.”
- From there go to “Courses,” and you will see or need to click on “Y21-22 Volunteers and Contractors: Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect.”
- Scroll to the bottom to select the language in which you would like to do the training, and follow directions to begin.
- Once complete, your verification is your grade report, found under “Courses” and “Grades.”
- You must also submit a “Vaccination and COVID-19 Protocol Agreement,” which can be found under “Courses” and “Modules.” Scroll down and choose the language in which to do the attestation and upload your vaccine card.
Information can be found at https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/childabuseandneglect/#Volunteer.
Thank you to all volunteers!
A new page on the PTA website now provides PTA meeting notes and presentations.
Check out our new membership and directory hub on MemberHub and start or renew your Woodlin PTA membership.