Friday, October 21, was a great day for the Dash of the Runaway Wizards! The kids ran, the teachers joined and encouraged them, and families came out to cheer and volunteer! Together, we’ve raised almost $34,000 for the Woodlin PTA.
These funds allow us to host assemblies and artist residencies like Beech Tree Puppets, provide teacher and grade-level funds, and hold fun community-building events like Movie Night and the upcoming Outdoor Family Dance on Saturday, November 12th. We’re working on plans for an amazing Earth Day celebration, STEM Day, and a wonderful Spring Fair in May. All of your contributions large and small make these things possible.
- To everyone who donated
- To everyone who asked family, friends, and neighbors to donate
- To our corporate sponsors: Kids After Hours, Burger-Fi, Oak Contracting, Patient First, Snider’s SuperFoods, Design Collective Inc., RDCA-Woodlin CDC, Family Pet Veterinary Clinic, Fenwick Beer & Wine, Jalal Barbering and Hairstyling, and Glimmer Images
- To the Dash committee who made this day happen: Ali Harms, Jacqueline Kistler, Emily Adams, Angie Wilcox, Carsten Reichel, Mikey Franklin and Shana Hattis
- To the fundraising team who solicited corporate sponsorships: Angie Lai, Ali Harms and Michelle Washko
- To volunteers who came to help with classes
- To everyone who came to cheer
- To the Woodlin administration and educators who support the Dash and make it possible, especially Ms. Costa
- To Ali Harms who heroically coordinated our first Dash at Grosvenor and to her mentor, Allison Nadelhaft, for her wisdom and support! We appreciate all your hard work, organization, adaptability, and spirit that you brought to the Dash!
You can still donate through November 4!