The Dash of the Runaway Wizards has been a great success in raising funds and providing a fun and healthy event for our kids. Students receive pledges from families and community members to run laps on the school grounds. In past years, the event has raised more than $20,000 to provide academic support for teachers and fund PTA programs. The Dash takes place in October during school hours – parents are welcome to come cheer
The 2019-2020 event took place on October 18, 2019. The following information will be updated in fall 2020. There are two ways to contribute to the fundraising goals:
- Contribute securely online at https://pledgestar.com/woodlin (see below for instructions).
- Print and fill in the pledge sheet (PDF) and return it with checks to your child’s teacher by November 1.
Make sure your athlete(s) wear comfortable clothes and shoes. The event FAQ (PDF) has all the details.
Grandparents, neighbors, parents, and friends are welcome to come to cheer on our running Wizards!
- 9:00-9:20 am – Pep Rally in Gym
- 9:25-9:45 am – Kindergarten
- 9:50-10:10 am – 1st grade
- 10:15-10:45 am – 2nd grade
- 10:50-11:20 am – 3rd grade
- 1:55-2:25 pm – 4th grade
- 2:30-3:00 pm – 5th grade
Volunteers are needed on the day of the Dash to help teachers in the classrooms, check-in visitors and other volunteers, set up and distribute snacks and water, and clean up. Most volunteer jobs require a commitment of around an hour. Sign-up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0544A9A82BA64-2018
For our Dash of the Runaway Wizards this year, we’re using an awesome web-based fundraising system that makes it much easier for you to request pledges from your family and friends, and for them to make secure credit card donations online. It’s fun, it’s easy, and people who use it typically raise twice as much as those who don’t!
Remember, our Dash of the Runaway Wizards is October 18, so please register now to help our school raise as much as we can for Community Building, Enrichment and Academic Support:
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/woodlin
- Click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event?”
- Enter your name and email address, then click “Submit”
- Follow the instructions on-screen to register students
When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to your family and friends and allows them to make secure credit card donations online. You get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online. Call 1-888-598-7510 if you need help.