For the 3rd year in row, Woodlin will be participating in a national event: Walk to School Day, held on Wednesday, October 7th. Each year we have had fantastic participation and we hope for even more this year. This event fosters a sense of community and encourages the kids to get outside and get moving! So we hope you will make an effort to join us this year.
Join fellow Woodlin Wizards on Wednesday, October 7 for National Walk-to-School day
- Wear your Woodlin T-shirt or wear blue to show our school spirit. Make and carry brightly colored signs for awareness and safety. You can meet with friends and neighbors the day before for a “sign-making party!”
- Each bus stop should designate a team captain to organize the timing and coordinate with parents at other bus stops to form a “walking school bus”. Anyone arriving at the school before 8:40 must have a designated adult with them. There will be no adults at the school to watch children before 8:40.
- There should be multiple adults per group of kids to ensure safety. Where sidewalks are not present. adults should walk on the outside .
- Once you arrive at school there will be a table set up with stickers for all participants and coffee for adults. Remind your child to eat a big breakfast before walking. We are not able to provide food for students, but the school does have breakfast that they can purchase when they arrive.
- The class with the most participants will be rewarded. So make sure you encourage your kids to tell their friends. Please sign in at the table to be eligible for class award.